Sunday, July 20, 2014

1850s Silk Velvet Evening Cap

I think that most people would have seen this beautiful cap in the mfa museum. I also think that a lot of people have already tried to create their own version. For once this did not bother me. I love the fact that it is one of the few non floral head dresses online.

I was able to pick up some scrap blue silk velvet that was left over from a cape that Jessie made. I also made a millinery wire frame and the lace that was a part of the shoulder caps which I removed from my wedding dress. Sorry the photos come up very dark. On one side I copied the ribbon tuft in the original, but on the other side I made a decorate twist with braid and tassels to add some extra detail and interest. I look forward to the next event in which I can wear it with my blue silk evening dress. Hopefully it will look stunning on.
 


 






No comments:

Post a Comment